Statement of Student Responsibility
By submitting any piece of work you agree that:
- The work is your own work or the work of the group;
- You have not previously submitted all or part of this work for assessment in any subject, unless the subject coordinator for the current subject
(or your research supervisor, if applicable) has given you written permission to reuse specific material and you have correctly referenced the material
taken from your own earlier work.
- You have read and agreed to be bound by the Statutes, Regulations and Policies of the University relating to Academic
Misconduct available at www.latrobe.edu.au/learning/integrity.html; and
- You may be subject to student discipline processes in the event of an act of academic misconduct by you including an act of
plagiarism or cheating.
Plagiarism means the reproduction of someone else's words, ideas or findings and presenting them as your own ideas without proper
acknowledgement and includes:
- Direct copying or paraphrasing from someone else's published work (either electronic or hard copy) without acknowledging the source;
- Using facts, information and ideas derived from a source without acknowledgement;
- Producing assignments (required to be independent) in collaboration with and/or using the work of other people; and
- Assisting another person to commit an act of plagiarism.
You further grant to the University or any third party authorised by the University
) the right to reproduce and/or communicate
(make available online or electronically transmit) the work you have submitted for the purpose of detecting plagiarism.